Warmer Homes Central Heating Fund

Would you like FREE* gas central heating


Eligible households will be referred for a free LEAP (Local Energy Advice Programme) home visit


At the visit, details will be taken to allow a referral to the Warm Homes Fund scheme to go ahead


A gas connection will be installed and then a technical survey for the heating will be carried out.


Works will be completed and will include an A rated boiler, radiators and energy efficient heating controls.

Warmer Homes

This ‘New’ Warmer Homes scheme is available to both owner occupiers and private tenants and can provide a free* gas connection (if within 23 metres of the property) and a gas central heating system to homes without a boiler currently, subject to eligibility. This offer is for a limited time only and is on a first come first served basis

You may qualify if:

  • You are an owner occupier or private tenant of a private landlord.
  • You have no gas central heating system currently and have never had one.
  • Your main heating is electric plug-in or panel heaters, storage heaters, gas wall heaters or open fires.
  • You live in a property with a floor area over 25M2 and are located no higher than the second floor.
  • You live in a flat and the block you live in allows gas.
  • You are on a low income, are in poor health, live in a certain postcode, or if renting, the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of the property is D or E, or you live in a residential park home.

How does it work?

  • Eligible households will be referred for a free LEAP (Local Energy Advice Partnership) survey, which will supply free LED light bulbs, other energy saving gadgets, and advice.
  • At the visit, additional details will be taken and referred to the Warmer Homes scheme.
  • If needed, a gas connection will be installed and a survey for the heating will be carried out.
  • Heating works are then completed and include an energy efficient ‘A’ rated boiler, radiators and heating controls.

Private Tenants

Currently any private tenant living in a property with an Energy Performance Certificate rating of D or E can apply.

If you are a private tenant, we will need the landlord’s permission before being able to survey for or install the heating.

If the rented property has an Energy Performance Certificate rating of F or G then the landlord may be required to make a contribution towards the heating works.

  • Request a Call Back

    This helps us to understand where we can reach people that require our support the most.

Ridgewater Energy also manage local and national energy efficiency funding and projects, and our team have 20 years’ experience working with letting agents, management companies, private landlords and tenants.

We work with a network of trusted installers, who can assist with various energy efficiency and heating measures whether funded or on a paid quote basis.


Advice Resources

We design, develop and deliver fuel poverty projects, and offer consultancy to Local Authorities

Contact Us

Send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt