LEAP (Local Energy Advice Partnership) is a FREE home visit scheme to assist residents in all BH postcodes with free energy advice, energy saving devices, along with access to other improvements like heating upgrades and insulation.
Now Available: If you qualify for LEAP and you are an owner occupier with a combi boiler installed in the last 10 years, you may be able to have a free ‘Nest Smart Thermostat’ installed too!
Are you eligible?
You may be eligible for the LEAP service if one of the below apply:
- Have a low income
- Receive tax credits
- Receive Housing Benefit
- Receive an income or disability related benefit
- Have a long term illness or disability
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit (Savings Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (income below thresholds)
- Working Tax Credit (income below thresholds)
- Universal Credit (income below thresholds)
- Carers Allowance
- Council Tax Reduction
- A Disability Benefit (incl. Attendance Allowance, DLA, PIP)
- Persistent debt problems
- A private housing resident. A tenant in a privately rented property with an EPC rating of D or E
What LEAP can do for you:
- Help check if you are on the cheapest energy tariffs – could save you over £280 a year
- Install FREE, simple energy saving measures which can save the average household £30 on their energy bills a year.
- Give you day-to-day energy efficiency hints and tips and ensure your heating system is set up to keep you warm and save money.
- Arrange a FREE telephone advice service to help with benefits, debt and other money problems.
- Refer you for further energy efficiency improvements, such as full central heating, loft or cavity wall insulation or a new boiler.
- Other local advice that may help you save on your water bills, arrange a free Fire Service visit or help access some other assistance
- You will also be contacted in future with your permission about any new initiatives that start like the Free Smart Thermostats and Free Appliances!
How it Works
If you’re eligible, you will get a FREE home visit from a friendly, qualified Home Energy Advisor.
Ridgewater Energy also manage local and national energy efficiency funding and projects, and our team have 20 years’ experience working with letting agents, management companies, private landlords and tenants.
We work with a network of trusted installers, who can assist with various energy efficiency and heating measures whether funded or on a paid quote basis.
Can we help you?
If you want to know more, apply for one of our schemes or need some advice…