Climate Action Insulation Grant
You could lose up to 25% of heat through the roof and up to 33% of heat through the walls in an uninsulated home!
BCP Council has announced a brand new scheme to help residents reduce their energy consumption, whilst taking action against climate change and tackling the Climate and Ecological Emergency.
The Climate Action Insulation Grant is available to homeowners and private tenants
living in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole, to help fund loft and cavity wall
insulation in properties with low energy ratings, where not already installed. The
scheme can also help identify other potential assistance which Ridgewater Energy
can advise on.
- Owner-occupier properties with E, F, or G EPC rating
- Private tenanted/rental property with E EPC rating
- Grant eligbility is for those named on the energy bill
- Loft insulation
- Cavity wall insulation
What funding is available?
- Amount of grant depends on household income, as follows:
Income (£) % grant contribution* Up to 42,900 100% (max £2,000) 42,901 to 50,000 40% (max £800) 50,001 to 60,000 20% (max £400) 60,001 and above 10% (max £200)
*less cost of new EPC (£40)
What we require from you
- Valid EPC showing E, F or G rating (if no valid EPC, an assessment can be provided)
- If rented, EPC ‘E’ only (other schemes are available for other EPC ratings, contact us to find out more)
- Proof of annual household income (e.g. bank statements, payslips, P60 tax certificate)
Why apply for Climate Action funding?
- Increase the value of your property.
- Reduce your energy bills.
- Improve your EPC rating.
- Reduce your carbon emissions and help tackle climate change.
Ridgewater Energy also manage local and national energy efficiency funding and projects, and our team have 20 years’ experience working with letting agents, management companies, private landlords and tenants.
We work with a network of trusted installers, who can assist with various energy efficiency and heating measures whether funded or on a paid quote basis.
Can we help you?
If you want to know more, apply for one of our schemes or need some advice…