Ridgewater Energy Ltd – Data Protection Privacy Notice – Client Information
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when we collect personal information from clients and potential clients.
- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information collected about you?
- Access to your information and corrections/changes
- Third parties
- Other websites
- How to contact us
What information do we collect about you?
We collect personal data about you including name and contact information if you:
- Contact us with an enquiry
- Ask us to provide a quotation
- Place an order with us for services
- Register for marketing communications
- Make use of our website. Website usage information is collected by using Cookies (see below)
We will only collect the information which is necessary for us to process in order to meet your expectations.
Where you place an order with us for services we will require you to supply certain information in order that we can meet our contractual obligations to you and comply with our legal obligations to you (including health & safety and accounting obligations).
How will we use the information collected about you?
We will use the information you provide in order to provide the services you have requested to you.
Our lawful basis for processing personal data belonging to clients are:
- To comply with our contractual obligations (i.e. provide the service, collect payment)
- To comply with our legal obligations (including tax and revenue record keeping, health & safety compliance)
- In the event of any legal claims arising out of the services we provide
- Our legitimate interests in relation to marketing activities relating to commercial contacts and clients
- Where we have active consent to send marketing materials to consumer contacts and clients
We do not transfer personal data to countries outside the EU.
If you make an enquiry or request a quotation we will keep your information for as long as is necessary to answer the enquiry or supply the quotation and then for a period of 12 months in the event you decide to use our services.
If you place an order for our services, we will keep your information for the duration of the services and then for a period of 6 years in the event of any legal proceedings. We may be required by a contract or by law to retain certain information for longer (e.g. warranty information or health and safety information).
We may seek your consent to keep information relating to a project we have completed on your behalf for a longer period in order that we can use the information to demonstrate our competence and quality of our work to other interested parties.
We may use images of a project we have completed on your behalf for advertisement purposes, but we will ensure that you or any other person cannot be identified from the images used.
We may send marketing communications to named individuals within a business where we consider our services may be of interest to that business. We will always give such individuals the right to opt out of receiving any further communications.
We will only send marketing communications to consumer contacts where they have actively consented to receiving such communications. Consumer contacts can revoke their consent at any time by contacting us at the details below.
Access to your information and corrections/changes
If you would like to know what information we hold about you please write to us using the contact details below. We will usually supply copies of the information held within 30 days of receiving your request.
Please notify us if any of the information we hold about you has changed or is incorrect, we will be happy to update this for you.
We may need to provide certain third-party organisations with your information in order to provide our services. We will only provide them with the information they require and will only permit them to use the
information for the required purpose only.
If any such third party has used your information for any other reason without your consent, please notify us using the details below and we will investigate the matter.
The third parties we anticipate sharing your information with include:
- Third party contractors and suppliers (e.g. subcontractors, courier services)
- Authorisation bodies where we need to obtain consents and permissions to perform the services (e.g. local planning authorities, the Environment Agency, OFGEM)
- Our accountants for tax and revenue accounting
- HMRC for tax and revenue purposes
- The Health and Safety Executive for the purposes of health & safety reporting and compliance
- Your Local Authority if we are required to access funding from them on your behalf or to report on installed measures
Changes to our privacy notice
We strive to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously.
If you think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate please bring it to our attention. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures. You may report any concerns regarding the way in which we have handled your personal data to the Information Commissioner on 0303 123 1113 or by using this link https://www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
How to contact us
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can write to us at: 20 Shillito Road, Poole, Dorset BH12 2BN
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We have currently not made any changes to this Privacy Notice: